Monday, February 12, 2007

Adam and Jeremy Say: Iraq! War! Urgh! Part 1

This is how the conversation began… you will have to wait to see how it ends.

Jeremy: What do you think would happen if the United States had a massive withdrawal tomorrow of all our troops and military presence in the Middle East?

Adam: What would really change? Are they not already shooting each other? Are they not already blowing up innocent people? I think the only reason we are there is to ensure that another dictator does not rise and take control of that country; well that and to help protect Israel.

Jeremy: Well, if nothing would change, then I don’t think there really is a reason for us to hang around there anymore. I don't think we are going to find WMD unless we invade Syria and Iran. I think there would be an all out Civil War if another dictator tried to take over. I know you could say that there already is a civil war going on, but you know what I mean. I'm tired of sitting around there playing police. I think they have enough government and military now to fight off the insurgents as those pop up. I think Israel can take care of itself from all immediate threats, and we could always be there within the day to back them up if something happened. I guess the only thing we couldn't stop is a nuclear attack on Israel. But, then again, we probably couldn’t stop that on American soil either. I think if terrorists had nuclear weapons, they would have already used them, and it’s only a matter of time until the French of Syrians sell them the technology and supplies to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment