Monday, August 6, 2007

Jeremy Says:Meanwhile on the other side of the culture globe....

While adam was sitting in his comfy padded seat watching fiona and nickelcreek, I was kickin it old skool with the kids at the "christan metal" concert as I have been calling it for all my work people.
Disciple wrapped upped a three day youth Conference thingy at Redemption World outreach Center friday night, and I got to take my kid brother-in-law to his first hard rock concert.
Yes, I am now acting as a chaperone for the kids, but that doesn't mean I don't get to rock out. Plus, it beats going alone.
Sure, I may be old, but at least I'm not like all those other old guys.
Anywho, the concert was exactly what you would expect from a metal band that has revamped their image just a bit to not attract any of the real metal heads, but instead to be fun for "everybody" to bounce to. Yes, this is kinda a bad thing, but you gotta learn how to have fun reguarless.
Speaking of bouncing, there was a minor "moshing" incident that happend during the 2nd song, which was quickly broken up my church security.
Marcus(my tag along) got his first 10sec taste of the mayhem. The rest of the show, me and him enjoyed the non voilent head bang, and the ocational body thrust.
All in all, despite the downfall of today's youth to preserve the true "Rock Concert", we still had fun, and you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment