Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Adam and Jeremy Say: Cloverfailed

Even though there is no heat in the building the Richmond office is back up and running, and just in time to tell you all about my super fantastic fun adventure through a New York monster attack last night...

So the J.J. Abrams hype machine know as Cloverfield set a January box office record over the weekend... meaning many of you may already know what I am about to say, but for those who have yet to see it...


1. Shaky-cam makes me nauseous.

2. Monsters attacking NYC are so cliche.

3. However, shooting the whole thing from one persons perspective is a pretty cool take on it.

4. Keeping the audience blacked out on the details outside the group that the camera follows helped to build anxiety and a desire for closure.

5. While the movie was not great I would actually go see a sequel just to learn more about the monster.

6. 28 Weeks Later, and I Am Legend ruined any chance this film had of making me think it was great... both movies follow similar plot lines (people trying to survive monster attacks in large cities) and both movies were more engaging for me.

7. The love story did not help my interest in the characters... actually by the end of the movie I hoped that everyone would be dead so I wouldn't have to put up with their bad acting anymore.

8. We are all suckers for hype.


In list form those are my thoughts... in other movie news... I am actually really excited about Ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment