Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Cold War Isnt over YET

So for a while now I have been hearing the buzz about the Cold War Kids. Like most unsigned buzz bands the Cold War Kids were more myth than legend to most music fans; myself included. But then their record Robbers and Cowards dropped in the fall and instantly they went from buzz darling to critical war fodder. It seems to me that they have had more press on both sides of the "are they really that good" debate than anyone I can think of in recent times. Some critics, like the folks from Pitchfork, couldn't get past the sometimes obvious Christian faith of the band, and therefore lampooned the album as bad Christian music. But other critical giants like Rollingstone and Spin have seen their faith as the back drop that makes their music so rich and rewarding, much like Dylan, Cash, and Sufjan Stevens. Even Internet taste maker stereogum.com has given the Cold War Kids the thumbs up so it is easy to see why I am excited about the band. I was even more excited when I logged onto Relevant today and found out that the Cold War Kids will be playing with another buzz band that I am excited about, the Tokyo Police Club, Right up the road in DC at the legendary 930 Club! When tickets go on sale I will have them Oh yes I will. Check out CMJ and see if the Cold War Kids are coming to your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment