Starting with the coolest thing first...
1. Coming in #1 in the box office this weekend was (of course) the second movie in the continuing story of Narnia. This film had everything a veiwer could want and did everthing it was intended to do with a movie great experience. It was spectacular, and should be at the top of the list of movies TO GO SEE if you weren't one of the millions to catch it already. I think it helped that I hadn't read the book first or already knew the story, because I really had no idea where the story was going to go, and my imagination was sprinting full speed to stay up with what was happening on screen. (It should also be pointed out that Prince Caspian is a stud. AA)
2. Steve Carrell hosted the season finalle of SNL on saturday. I have yet to watch the full the show waiting at home on my DVR, but the first couple sketches had me laughing. it was weird to see Steve do the monologe more as a roll than a host reading the lines. That either shows how good of an actor he really is, or....well, I'm not really sure what else it could show you. Of all that I have seen so far from this episode, the funniest sketch was the "Japanese version of The Office".
3. The Sci-fi Channel(yes, we are talking about the Science Fiction Cable channel) aired all three original Indiana Jones movies over the weekend gearing up for the new movie premeir this Wednesday!! We grew up watching these movies hundreds of times it seems like, but I havn't watched any of them in a long time, and I forgot how good they really are. This got me even more excited about the new movie coming out, and made me think how on eath they are going to answer some tough questions like: If he drank from the holy grail in the last movie, shouldnt he have everlasting youth? and: They did such a good job wrapping up the story line, how will they convince us that it's the same Indiana Jones? I guess we will see in less than three days.
4. If you live in the Asheville area, then you know who Joe Eblen and Eblen Charities are. They hosted their annual action fund raiser on Friday Night, and it was a pleasue to be a part of. Brad Johnson made another appearance and fun was had by all. If you are unsure what the Eblen foundation is all about swing over to their website and we encourage you to support. It's hard these days to decide where to help out from Tusami releif to Hurrican Katrina efforts still on going to buying a sandwhich for the drunk guy on the median asking for gas money, BUT just pray about it and decide who you are going to help. If you are just sitting on the fence, then you're not helping anyone.
5. And finally, we are not huge fans of TV shows that make tons of money from helping other people, but the season finalle of Extreme Makeover-Home Edition was on last night. It featured two makeovers in the New Orleans area in which a local Asheville builder (Deltec Homes)was in charge of building "hurricane resistant" buildings. One of my co-workers was able to go down and assist in the projects, so it was cool to see all that on tv. Rock on!